TWIN DISC ® MARINE GEAR PARTS+
Twin Disc Marine Transmission Parts
The first step is to locate the nameplate. This small piece of metal contains very valuable information, including the model number. We separate all of the parts by model number, so be sure to check here before ordering any parts. This will ensure that you will not run into any problems later on. The nameplate also contains other valuable information, such as the recommended maintenance frequency, type of oil, oil viscosity, and what the oil pressure should be for the unit. The oil pressure value is usually for cruising speed, which is about two-thirds of full throttle.
One of our best sellers is our gasket and seal kits. If you notice excessive oil around your transmission, if the oil pressure is low, or if the oil levels are low, then this kit is an absolutely key item to purchase. Our kits come with everything you will need for to perform the repair, including the following:
• The seals. The seal usually sits in the retainer, in the front of the housing. This is where the shaft meets the transmission body and is crucial to keeping the pressure at the proper PSI. To determine the right PSI, check the nameplate.
• O-rings and snap rings. These small parts serve a vital purpose, keeping the shaft and seals in place. These items are small in order to fit into the limited space inside the gear unit. However, with time these pieces can warp and need to be replaced. Ours are made from high-quality metals and are built to last.
• Gaskets. Whenever the unit is taken apart, the gaskets must be replaced. All of our kits come with all of the gaskets that will have to be replaced after servicing.
• Tube of sealant. This sealant is applied to the nuts and bolts to ensure that they will not move out of place from vibration or during normal operation.
Another popular item is our oil pressure gauge. Though this is an optional piece of equipment, it serves a very important purpose. Knowing the oil pressure can help diagnose problems with:
• Oil pump malfunctions.
• Clogged suction screen or strainer.
• Air leaks in the system.
• Stuck regulator valves, broken rings or bad seals.
• Oil level too low for safe operation, or the wrong type of oil was used.
• Problems with the heat exchanger, including leaks into the raw water.
We offer several gauges, both mechanical and electrical. These items are heavy duty and measure up to 400 PSI, so you can buy with confidence knowing that our gauge will stand up to the toughest conditions.
We also carry several oil strainers as well. These items help to filter out any impurities or clogs that can occur with normal use. If this item is damaged, it should be replaced promptly, otherwise more serious harm can come to your Twin Disc transmission.
If you know the model, click on the list above to select it or refer to the nameplate to find which Twin Disc model you have. Our site will take you to a list of parts we have immediately available for that particular transmission. If you’re looking for a specific part and don’t see it, we can get that part ordered and shipped to you directly within 24 hours. In fact, all of our orders ship within 24 hours. You don’t want to wait for the part you need, and you shouldn’t have to. If you have any questions at all, give us a call or send us a quick message. Our team will get back to you promptly.